I was tagged a while back by my friend Steph over at She’s Foxy and Crafty with a meme. I get to tell you all seven things I love. WOOO! Me, talking to you, about stuff I love. Can’t beat that. I don’t have pictures with me so you’ll have to use your imagination. To help you along, in the right light (ummm the dark) I look like Charlize Theron and DH is a dead ringer for George Clooney’s younger, hotter brother. Here goes….
1. I love my family. Which also includes the DH and Baxter the cat. My three nieces seem to be at every stage of awesome when I see them and nothing makes you feel quite like Queen of the World as when a five year old and a two year old run screaming down the hall towards you with HUGE smiles on their faces and lots of hugs and kisses for you. Also my mom and I are super close which is going to make the next three weeks very hard for me as she and my dad are traveling to the other side of the globe for vacation. Emailing once every few days is not quite the same as talking once (or more) a day. As for the DH and Baxter…they are such an integral part of my life that I can’t imagine life without them in it. The last things I see at night and the first things I see in the morning are the DH and Baxter.
2. I love to travel to off beat places that usually require shots for weird and highly contagious diseases….Brazil, Columbia, Zimbabwe, India, Namibia, Botswana, Honduras, Peru. This year would have been South Africa’s year but we bought the Money Pit. Stupid Money Pit. No wait, I love the Money Pit, I just really really REALLY want to go to South Africa. 2010 anyone?
3. I love lying in bed and eating popcorn while reading any sort of highly absorbing book. Said book can be chick lit, “real” literature, pulp fiction I don’t care as long as it’s a good read.
4. I love making things for others. Blankets, slippers, mittens, scarves, you name it and I’ve probably knit it and given it away.
5. I love to bake cakes. And make icing for them. Can’t have a cake without icing. I never thought I was much of a baker but lately I’ve made a cake (or more) a month. Most of them are pretty good if I do say so myself. I’m as surprised as anyone about this.
6. I love crafting and cooking and knitting books. Oh who am I kidding I love books in general but at least one knitting, crafting or cooking book seem to always make it home with me every time I make a trip to the bookstore. I will never ever make something from each book (but I am trying) but it doesn’t matter. Sometimes it’s just as nice to look at the pictures of the sweaters, food or whatever.
7. I love high heels. Wildly high, uncomfortable, impractical and expensive high heels used to be my downfall. I am one of those annoying women who can walk in the highest of heels for hours on end. Well, I used to be one of those women until I met my not-so nice friend arthritis. Oh, and went to work in a business casual environment. It’s amazing though how much yarn you can buy for the price of one pair of high heels.
8. Because I am math challenged and find it hard to do basic math I’m adding an extra I love to the mix. I also really really love Ravelry. In the past 16 months I have made many “online” friends (and face-to-face friends too) most of whom I would never have met (and the bulk of whom I may well never meet face-to-face) without the Rav. Some days I don’t know how I’d get through my day without my fellow Ravellers (shout out to the Smart Ass Yarn Hos!). Oh yeah, it’s also helped me learn some stuff about knitting.