As my Unemployee-ness of the Month goes on, I’ve learned a few things.
1. I really do need 8.5 hours of sleep. Doesn’t matter if it starts at 11pm or 3 am I wake up exactly 8.5 hours later.
2. I am not the inveterate list maker I thought I was. When I was working I made lists all the time. Now, not so much. I should, since I am totally disorganized, but I don’t.
3. I really can waste the day away on the internet, checking an rechecking the same five websites all day long.
4. Reading is so much more satisfying when I can start and finish the book on the same day. Or rather, in the same 24 hour time period.
5. While I miss (or will miss) my paycheque, I do NOT miss work at all. Really. A small handful of people, yes. The office, my desk, my desk chair and my day-to-day job…NOT AT ALL.
6. My chronic hip injury has not hurt since I got laid off. I credit this to no longer sitting for 7.5 hours a day.
7. I don’t knit nearly as much as I thought I would. Of course I don’t clean up the house either, but that’s a given. And I continue to be amazed at how time flies during the day.
8. I buy way too many groceries.
9. Getting mail is one of the highlights of my day.
10. Holy crap does the cat sleep a lot.