1. I like to Knit. A lot.
2. I like to shop. Maybe too much.
3. I prefer to read rather than watch tv.
4. That being said I do love Battlestar Galactica. I have hooked two of my friends on this show and was sad when it ended.
5. I am picky about grammar and spelling. But I’m not a good speller.
6. I have a black cat who is spoiled beyond that which is reasonable. She is 10. When she is not with us anymore I will be inconsolable. I know it.
7. I love sushi.
8. And pizza.
9. And steak barbequed rare. Apparently I like raw things.
10. I do not like babies.
11. I secretly love kids but am scared to have them as I truly believe I’ll suck as a mom.
12. I think my husband will be an awesome dad. He will definitely be the favourite parent.
13. I’d read trashy books and eat popcorn in bed over doing just about anything else. Including knitting.
14. I’ve been to Africa. I loved it. I can’t wait to go back.
15. I’m self-absorbed.
16. I have picked out names for my children. Just in case. I haven’t told my husband and I’m pretty sure he’ll hate them. They are very traditional names.
17. It surprises me every day that I got married. In a good way.
18. If I could be an actor or a rock star I’d choose rock star every time. I can’t sing though.
19. I worry about the state of my finances. And then I buy yarn to make me feel better.
20. I recently learnt that I miss my mom more than I ever thought I would and that makes me worry about “one day”.
21. I am a big softie but I don’t like to admit it. Ever. Shhhh. It’s a secret.
22. My job bores me to tears but it pays the bills.
23. My favourite cities/places are Varanasi, India, Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia, Santa Fe, New Mexico, New York City and Chobe National Park, Botswana.
24. I don’t like sunscreen. I know I should wear it daily but I don’t. I worry I’ll get skin cancer but I still don’t wear it.
25. I am a hypochrondriac and I like to worry about things I can’t control which oddly enough gives me a feeling of control.
26. I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
27. I am a list maker. I feel enormous satisfaction when I cross something off.
28. I am intrinsically lazy.
29. I like the idea of running but I don’t like to sweat. And I’m not keen on the outdoors when I’m not on vacation.
30. Wool and silk are quite possibly my favourite fiber mix.
31. I like to tell people what to do. I call it “giving advice”.
32. I have three degrees but only one is really relevant to my job.
33. I have a fantasy where I do not work outside of my home. In this fantasy I have lots of time for crafting, cooking, baking, reading and lounging about in fabulous clothes. Sometimes to mix it up a little in my fantasy, I am a writer/designer/seller of crafty things which allows me to buy more books, fabric, yarn and crafty things.
34. My favourite colour is blue. And pink.
35. I want to learn how to SCUBA dive but being fully submerged in water scares me.
36. I am terribly scared of heights. I am not even comfortable standing on a step stool.
37. I never thought about my life beyond graduating from university so I’m a little surprised as to where I ended up.
38. I met my husband on the internet. Really.
39. I like cats and dogs and most animals. If I could I’d have a lot of pets. And a farm.
40. My other fantasy is to own a hobby farm with sheep and alpaca and to make my own yarn.
41. I worry about what we are doing to this planet. But I still use the air conditioner.
42. I am a good cook. Most of the time.
43. I have a big hate on for hypocrisy and hypocrites. And liars. And ignorant people. And racists.
44. I have been to every continent except Oceania and Antarctica.
45. I am more than slightly addicted to celebrity gossip.
46. I love to fly.
47. I used to have a shoe addiction. Now I collect yarn.
48. I have more virtual friends than real ones. Which is sad but cool at the same time.
49. I have to make a pair of socks this summer or I will never do it. I am pretty sure socks will kick my ass though.
50. I have a potty mouth. And I like it that way.
51. I like to go to the symphony. I also want to go to the opera but I am too cheap to buy good seats. Funnily enough I am not a big musical fan.
52. I play no instruments and have no musical talent at all but have always wanted to learn how to play the piano.
53. I am pretty sure I will never be able to use up all of my fabric or yarn during my lifetime.
54. I wanted to elope but instead had to be the Princess Bride. It was not the happiest day of my life but some moments were good.
55. I am neurotic.
56. I don’t like people for the most part.
57. I don’t like eggs. Except if they are fried. With ketchup. Which is pretty much the only thing I eat with ketchup. Fried eggs. Or grilled cheese. But not together.
58. I am not emotionally demonstrative but I get very animated when I argue.
59. Stove-top popped popcorn is one of the best foods ever invented in my opinion.
60. Pretty much anything tastes better with more cream, more butter or more bacon.
61. Most days I am amazed that I am an adult. Inside I feel like I’m about 8 years old.
62. I have seen abject poverty and incredible wealth. I wish everyone could be somewhere in the middle.
63. I wanted to be a lawyer for most of my life. Until I started working at law firms. Then I wanted to escape.
64. I do not get enough vacation. I think my country should offer six weeks to start like they do in some European countries.
65. I have a long list of countries I need to see before I die. Most of them are weird.
66. I like to shop for clothes alone. I can figure out what makes my ass look fat all by myself.
67. I like vanilla ice cream best of all.
68. I have come to the realization that I’m kind of boring as an adult.
69. I secretly want to run a marathon.
70. I am turning into a cranky old lady.
71. I want to be a cool aunt to my nieces.
72. I have very few regrets in life and would not go back to highschool for love nor money.
73. I have never been to a reunion of any sort and have no plans to ever do so. Unless the word Island comes immediately after the word Reunion.
74. I was not taken with Paris and cannot understand why people think it’s so romantic. My husband thinks I am crazy because of this.
75. I am a night person. My husband is a morning person. Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes it is not.
76. I have diverse musical and literary tastes.
77. I am a beer snob but not a wine snob.
78. I am not impressed by money. Envious yes, impressed no.
79. My dream car is a Volvo.
80. I like to drive but it means I can’t knit at the same time.
81. I would like to be fluent in a language other than English.
82. I hate my hair but I am stylistically challenged.
83. I looked amazing on my wedding day.
84. While I can multitask I don’t. Quality over quantity.
85. The worst job I ever had was selling laser printer cartridges. Most of the time I successfully block it from my memory.
86. I was born in Manitoba. But we moved to Ontario before I was three. I don’t remember anything. I’m glad I am a Canadian.
87. In my opinion there isn’t much in life that is softer than my cat’s fur.
88. I am glad to be part of the crafty sisterhood.
89. I should use my clothesline more but I don’t like the way t-shirts feel when they are air dried. So I use my dryer. More than I should.
90. I have an IQ that would allow me to join MENSA. But I haven’t.
91. Sometimes I let people think I’m dumb because I have blonde hair.
92. I am always pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers.
93. My student loan was as much as a kick-ass, nicely loaded BMW. I paid it off before the due date all by myself. It’s one of the things I have done that I am proudest of.
94. The first concert I ever saw was U2’s Joshua Tree tour. I don’t really like them now though.
95. For no apparent reason I have a hard time sleeping some nights. This is new to me and I’m puzzled by it.
96. I am an advocate of public libraries.
97. Unfairness makes me crazy.
98. I often believe the worst of people. It’s something I’d like to change.
99. I am shy and do not enjoy social gatherings. Really.
100. I often bite off more than I can chew. And I never seem to learn from that.
Did you ever knit the pair of socks? They are incredibly easy to knit. I knitted my first pair just to prove to myself I could. And….. I like your list and find we have a lot in common. You’ll be the cool aunt to your nieces if you seek opportunities to make memories. My niece and nephew remember things I’ve long forgotten.